See a world-class expert within 24 hours and refer yourself for an MRI or Ultrasound scan with Vista Health.
With locations across the UK, we offer convenient and affordable access to diagnostic scans.
Why Vista Health?
Quick access - same day, early morning, evening and weekend appointments available
Convenient - locations across the UK, open 14 hours a day 7am-9pm
Quality service - Expert radiologists, dedicated patient care team and 99% patient satisfaction
Competitively priced - Ultrasound scans from £99, and MRI scans from £199
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for patients
Click here for patient information
MRI and ultrasound self-referral – patient information
Increasingly patients wish to take greater control of their own health and are becoming more aware of the opportunities to self-investigate their health issues, or simply reassure themselves that they are well.
To this end, Vista Health welcomes patients (“you”) who wish to refer themselves for MRI and Ultrasound scans. You need to be aware of and agree to the following important information prior to proceeding with a self-referral booking:
- Scans will only be offered to all those aged 18 and above.
- MRI and Ultrasound are extremely safe and do not involve any radiation exposure.
- You will need to complete a self-referral form, detailing the reasons why you wish to have a scan. If it is for a medical complaint, this should be self-documented. If it is for reassurance, that too should be stated.
- We will not accept self-referrals from you if you are engaged in professional sports or for anything connected with a professional sports club of which you are a member.
- Scans will only be performed on the areas which we routinely scan. The self-referral form will be protocolled and you will be advised if we are unable to proceed with the requested examination.
- Self-referrals will not be accepted if you have cancer or a long term medical condition related to the area of concern, nor do we carry out obstetric ultrasound scans.
- You accept you are solely responsible for selecting the area you want to be scanned and that you are not relying on any input in this regard, whether clinical or otherwise, from Vista Health.
- You must be registered with an NHS GP, to whom a copy of the report will be sent and with whom all discussions about your future care must take place. We cannot enter into any such discussions with you.
- We cannot perform scans if you cannot, or do not wish to provide the name of your GP.
- You will be required to complete a safety questionnaire at the time of booking which may exclude you from proceeding with the scan or delay it, depending on the information you provide. It is very important that you tell us about anything which could affect our ability to scan you safely.
- You must understand that MRI and Ultrasound scans may on occasion identify unexpected abnormalities which may or may not require further investigation. If so, these findings will be identified on the report and any recommendations arising will be followed up by your GP.
- You may bring a friend or relative with you, who may, if required, stay with you for the scan itself, subject to safety checks. Unfortunately, you may not bring children under the age of 16 to accompany you.
- You must provide us with your contact details, and you will be asked to confirm your appointment 48 hours prior to the scan.
- If you cancel your appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice charges will occur that you will have to pay. This will be subject to discretion for unavoidable absence due to illness, travel disruption etc.
- You will normally receive a CD containing your images following the appointment and the radiology report will be sent to your nominated GP within 2 working days of the investigation.
- The NHS and private medical insurance companies will not fund or cover self-referrals. All self-referrals are undertaken on a self-pay basis only.
- You accept that the General Patient Terms and Conditions (as provided to you in your appointment pack) apply to the services provided to you by Vista Health.
By submitting the referral form above, you acknowledge that you have both read and agree to the above information.