Comfortable and accessible
Open MRI and Upright Open MRI offers a completely different experience from a “tunnel” MRI experience, putting comfort and accessibility at the top of patient care.
Our Open MRI scanner located at Croydon University Hospital has a vertical magnetic field rather than standard cylinder to help patients. It offers optimal image quality and can scan every body part excluding breast scans and MRAs (Angiogram).
- A less claustrophobic environment for anxious patients
- A higher level of patient comfort
- More relaxing and comfortable
Upright Open MRI
Instead of lying down, our patients can comfortably sit in between two large magnetised plates, which means from a patient perspective that there is nothing immediately in front of you or above you during the scan, offering a more patient-friendly experience.
- Ability to scan patients lying down
- Scan patients in position of pain
- Scan patients whilst sitting up
- Scan patients whilst flexing, extending, rotating and lateral bending
Who is Open and Upright Open MRI for?
- Bariatric patients
- Anxious patients
- Claustrophobic patients
- Patients with the inability to lie flat for long periods
- Limited mobility patients
- Patients who experience problems with sitting, bending, leaning and lying down.
For Upright Open MRI, prices start from £800 per body part.
7 days per week 8am-8pmFind my nearest location