Vista Health offer ECG Testing with reports returned from a qualified ECG analyser in 3 working days.
An ECG (electrocardiogram) is one of the most common heart tests which monitors your heart rate, rhythm and electrical activity. The test discovers any issues with the heart’s electrical impulses.
What is ECG Testing?
An ECG (electrocardiogram) is a basic investigation to help diagnose if there are any potential problems with your heart function. The test is for anyone who experiences:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath as you exert yourself
- Significantly high blood pressure
- Heart palpitations
- A suspected heart valve problem
ECG testing is completely safe and pain-free.
Prices from £55
Vista Health offer 12 lead, and up to 24hr and up to 48hr ECG (Electrocardiogram) testing.
The diagnosis is always included in the price and your report will be completed by a qualified ECG analyser, and returned to your referrer or GP within 3 working days.
Your price will always be clearly explained before you book. At Vista Health, we make it our mission to guide you through every stage of your ECG journey.
12 lead ECGs
- A 12 lead ECG may take between 10-15 minutes to carry out and involves taking information from 12 different areas of the heart, providing the doctor with a 360-degree view of your heart function.
- The graph which is generated by your pulse is then analyzed by an expert to confirm that everything is as it should be and/or report any abnormalities seen.
How is it carried out?
- 10 electrodes are positioned on the body
- 6 electrodes on the chest
- 1 electrode on each of your limbs
- The electricity generated by your pulse is recorded
- An expert analyses the graph produced by your pulse
Up to 24hr and up to 48hr testing
This ECG testing involves monitoring your heart's electrical activity for 24-48 hours, possibly longer.
What happens during the test?
- 3-5 electrodes are placed on your chest
- You will be required to wear a belt with a small portable recorder which the wires will be attached to
- The results will be analyzed by a qualified ECG analyzer
Waiting Times / Prices from
Your symptoms and the suspected heart problem will determine the type of ECG required.
ECG TESTING LOCATIONS
Convenient locations in London and across the UK
Vista Health is a leading UK healthcare specialist provider specialising in diagnostic services for the private healthcare market. Helping clinicians and patients to start the health journey sooner.
Why would you need ECG Testing?
ECG Testing may be recommended to simply check the heart’s electrical activity. It may also be used to diagnose some of the below:
To identify the cause of chest pain or pressure produced by a heart attack, angina or pericarditis (inflammation of the tissue surrounding the heart).
Coronary heart disease
To detect heart disease if a patient shows symptoms such as dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath and heart palpitations.
When the walls of the heart are swollen or thickened.
To monitor heart health when a patient has other conditions or illnesses, such as diabetes, smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or a family history of heart disease.
If you have any questions then please do contact our friendly and knowledgeable Patient Care team on 0333 200 2064 or have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions that may be able to answer any concerns you may have about having an ECG with Vista Health.
Interested in ECG Testing?
Please contact us via the form below, or alternatively call us and speak directly to one of our experienced staff. We are here to help.
For directions to our Vista Health locations, please visit the locations page.
Patient care addressVista Health
Patient Referral Centre
Tel: 0333 200 2064
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday, Sunday: 8am to 1pm